- 3 large butternut squash OR a variety (butternut, acorn, spaghetti)
- 3 green apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 tbsp Three Farmers Roasted Garlic and Chili Camelina Oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup Sherry
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- Garnish: Three Farmers Camelina Oil drizzle, sour cream OR Greek yogurt, fresh chopped herbs
Preheat oven to 400°
F. Cut the Squach in half and brush with a generous amount of camelina oil. Season with salt and pepper and lace the squash, cut side down, on baking sheets. Roast for 45minutes, or until flesh is soft. Scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
In a medium saucepan heat the Camelina Oil and saute the onion, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook 1 minute. Add the apples and sherry and simmer for 10 minutes (until apples are soft).
Toss squash and sauté mixture together in a food processor or blender. Puree till smooth. NOTE:
This may need to be done in small batches for smaller food processors and blenders. This will ensure smooth consistency.
Once pureed, heat over medium heat and season with salt, pepper and to taste. Serve with a drizzle of some additional Camelina Oil and garnish with 1 tbsp sour cream or greek yogurt and fresh chopped herbs.
← Older Post
Newer Post →