- 3 Cups Cooked Fusilli Pasta, reserve ½ cup of the cooking liquid
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 4 Cups Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup of Your Favorite Pesto
- 2 Slices of Low Sodium Bacon, diced
- 1 Can White Kidney Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 3 Cups Baby Spinach
- 2 Tablespoons Three Farmers Foods Original Camelina Oil
- 1/3 Cup of Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Set a large skillet on medium heat, once it has come to temperature add the 2 Tablespoons of Three Farmers Foods Original Camelina Oil, the diced bacon, diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté together until the onions have become transparent and the bacon has cooked.
- Add the can of rinsed and drained white kidney beans and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cherry or grape tomatoes. I prefer to add them whole however, you can cut them in half or in quarters if you prefer.
- Add the baby spinach and the pesto sauce, reduce the heat and simmer until the spinach has completely wilted and the tomatoes have reduced in size and a sauce has started to form.
- Add the cooked fusilli and the ½ cup of the water used to cook the fusilli. Combine the pasta with the sauce. Serve and top with grated parmesan cheese.
*For an extra burst of flavor, try topping your Creamy White Bean and Pesto Fusilli with Three Farmers Foods Garlic and Chili Camelina Oil!
Recipe compliments of Three Farmers dietitian - Heather Deck, RD