This recipe come to us via Marni Wasserman from Marni Wasserman’s Food Studio and Lifestyle Shop.
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tbsp chickpea, brown rice, or quinoa flour
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp camelina oil
- 1 tbsp Navitas round chia + 3 tablespoons water (makes 1 egg)
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- ½ cup Shasha spelt breadcrumbs (optional)
Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
Combine the chickpeas, onion, garlic, flour, spices, oil and salt, pulse in a food processor until the mixture is well-combined and smooth.
Form the mixture into 8-12 small balls or patties with wet hands. Roll each ball in breadcrumbs.
Bake in oven for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
Serve in a pita wrap with hummus, tahini sauce or on top of a salad.
← Older Post
Newer Post →