Camelina oil is perfect for baking! Healthier, full of Omegas 3, 6 & 9 and a light nutty flavour. These muffins are always a hit!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup camelina oil
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup chopped apples (unpeeled)
- ½ cup raisins
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine egg, oil , apple sauce and vanilla. Stir in apples, raisins and carrot.
- Add flour mix to liquid mix and blend to moisten, but do not overmix. Some lumps are ok.
- Spoon into lined/oiled muffin tins and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until the muffin will spring back when you lightly press on it.
← Older Post
Newer Post →